Privacy Statement – LostPolicy
Note: For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “User” shall mean the person initiating the search or, in the case of a self-search, the subject of the search.
- Acquisition of Information
Contact Information: We may collect your name, street address, phone number and/or email address.
Payment Information: We may collect your credit card information when you initiate a search.
Other Information: Using the tracking tools described herein, we collect IP addresses, user browsing behavior and other information to determine how users use our Site.
How We Collect Information
We collect information directly from you, i.e., when you initiate a search. We also collect information if you leave comments and/or make contact requests.We collect information from you passively. If you are on a mobile device and use a location based service, for example, we will collect your location. We use common tracking tools like browser cookies to collect information passively. We may also use web beacons.
How We May Use Information
We may use your information as disclosed at the time we collect it and/or in the following ways:
(1) To provide services and/or respond to your requests and/or inquiries, i.e., we will use your information to initiate your search and/or to provide answers, information, and/or other services.
(2) To improve our products and services and for related business purposes, i.e., we use information to understand our visitors and users. This includes looking at website usage trends. We also use your information to make website and/or product/service improvements. We might also use your information to customize your experience with us. We may do these activities using the tracking tools described herein.
(3) For security purposes, i.e., we may use information to protect our website or our company. We might also use information to protect our users or our business partners.
(4) To promote LostPolicy.com and our related companies, i.e., unless we tell you otherwise, we may send you notices of special promotions, offers or solicitations. We may also notify you about new website features and/or product offerings. To manage your communications, follow the instructions in “Your Choices” below.
(5) To communicate with you about your search request or your relationship with us.
We may share your information as follows:
In order to comply with the law, i.e., we will disclose information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also disclose your information to a government agency or investigatory body making a formal request for it.
Can you limit? No
In the event that all or part of LostPolicy.com transfers ownership, i.e., if there is a merger, acquisition or similar event, we will share information with the new owner. We may also sell off all or part of our user list as part of an asset sale.
Can you limit? No
With companies that help us deliver products and services. We also allow third parties, i.e., website hosting companies, to collect information on our behalf.
Can you limit? No
With our business partners, i.e., we may share your information with companies with whom we have business relationships for their promotional purposes.
Can you limit? Yes
To stop receiving promotional emails you can follow the instructions in any individual promotional email you receive.
To opt out of having us share your information with business partners for their promotional purposes, you can follow the instructions in any individual promotional email you receive. If you accept an offer from one of our business partners after you opt out, we will share your information with that specific partner.
Tracking Technologies We Use:
We, or companies with whom we have business relationships, may use several common tracking technologies including browser cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. These technologies are used to track our users and website visitors, including for the following reasons:
- To track new visitors to our websites.
- To recognize past users .
- To present more personalized content.
- To improve our user’s website experience.
- To provide site and service enhancements.
- To serve customized advertising (whether on our website or others you may visit).
- To better understand our audience, our users, and our visitors and their respective
Controlling Our Use of Tracking Technologies
About Our Ads on Other Websites
We may also work with online advertising or other companies to provide you with advertising that we believe is relevant and useful. This advertising may be provided on our websites and/or other third party sites that you visit.
These ads may be based on information you submit on our websites or third party sites, or your activities or behaviors on our websites or on third party sites. The information gathered may be used to serve you with advertisements on our websites or those of our business partners.
Opting Out of Receiving Tracking-Based Ads
The companies that we work with to assist us with the online tracking described herein all participate in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior tracked for advertising purposes. If you wish to opt out, please send an email to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Opt Out” in the subject line.
Access to sensitive User information is subject to rigorous procedural and technological controls, consistent with legal requirements and the demands of customer service. While we use industry standard measures to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee absolute security. We strongly recommend, therefore, that you use caution when using the Internet or mobile devices.
This Site may contain links to other websites that LostPolicy.com may not own or operate. We cannot control, nor are we responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information. This Policy only applies to the personal information collected on this Site.
This Policy was updated on July 13, 2015. We will post any changes on the Site’s homepage. Check back for the most recent version of our policy. Where permitted by law, changes to our policy will be applied to information we already maintain.
Effective as of July 13, 2015